LOCATION: LLANTWIT MAJOR (VALE OF GLAMORGAN)
SALARY: DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE
Bikelawyer is a niche litigation firm specialising in serious personal injury claims involving motorcyclists and other vulnerable road users. The firm has been involved in several high profile cases and four of the current five fee earners (including two partners) trained at the firm.
We are looking for a paralegal to join the team with a view to progressing to a training contract following successful completion of a probation period.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of handling RTA matters. Previous experience of litigated cases is desirable, in addition to being able to deal with quantum and liability disputes effectively.
- Handling your own cases.
- Assisting the team on higher value cases.
- Liaising with courts and counsel.
- Preparing bundles.
- Filing and serving court documents.
- Logging court orders and diarising important dates.
- Liaising with lay and expert witnesses.
- Photocopying and general office duties.
- Legal research.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- The candidate must have a qualifying law degree and to have completed the LPC.
- Previous experience of handling your own cases is essential.
- Previous experience of dealing with motorcycle claims and/or high value or complex cases is desirable.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent attention to detail and good organisational skills.
- Professional and confident telephone manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with a desire to achieve and develop.
- A keen interest in developing a career within personal injury law.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex information simply.
- Personable and positive outlook.
In order to apply please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies.